Newspaper and Journal Articles
Interview in “Dorot” (JGSNY) – Summer 2018
The Jewish Genealogy Society (New York) interviewed our founder Brooke Schreier Ganz in the summer 2018 issue of their quarterly newsletter Dorot. The interview covered stories about how Reclaim The Records was founded, how Ganz got involved with genealogy, and lawsuits against various New York City and New York State agencies.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has recently featured two columns about our ongoing Missouri Sunshine Law case:
- January 24, 2018 – Judges send message to Missouri AG Josh Hawley: Do your job.
- January 19, 2018 – Hawley makes Sunshine splash while defending state secrecy in another case
Both the quarterly genealogy journal Avotaynu and its website Avotaynu Online have written several articles about our work, only some of which are online:
- September 5, 2015 – “Public Records Access: One Genealogist Can Make A Difference!”
- October 1, 2015 – “Breaking News! NY Municipal Archives Throws In the Towel in Public Access Fight!”
- November 13, 2016 – “First Fruits of the ‘Reclaim the Records” Access Project Are Obtained!”
Ancestors Alive podcast with Carolynn ni Lochlainn, Episode 20 – “Interview with Brooke Schreier Ganz of Reclaim the Records” (Link)
Genealogy Connection podcast with Drew Smith, Episode 42 – “Brooke Schreier Ganz, Founder and President of Reclaim the Records” (Link)
Extreme Genes podcast with Scott Fisher, Episode 212 – “Researching Eastern Europe: Where Are The Borders? / Reclaim The Records Strikes In New Jersey” (Transcript)